- Can I submit a service request anonymously?
Most service request types can be entered anonymously by leaving the Contact Info fields blank while creating your request. However, if we need more information and have no way to contact you, the request may be canceled (not completed). Some request types require contact information to be provided in order to comply with laws or rules in place regarding those services. Contact info fields are indicated as “required” for those request types.
- Can I have a copy of my service request sent to my email address?
Yes. When submitting a service request, if you provide your email address on the Contact Info screen, you will receive an email notification for that request when it opens and when it gets closed or canceled.
- Will you sell, share, or otherwise use my email address?
- When I submit a service request who will fulfill the request and how long will it take?
Your request will be assigned to the corresponding City Department depending on the type of service request entered.
The time to fulfill the request varies depending on the service request type, priority, and the volume of requests being handled by the assigned City Departments. The MyLA311 application currently offers over 50 service request types which are fulfilled by various City Departments including the Bureau of Street Services, Bureau of Street Lighting, LA Sanitation, Recreation and Parks, LA Animal Services or the Public Works Office of Community Beautification. Requests may be entered using MyLA311 at any time but service fulfillment only takes place during City business hours.
- Is there a limit to the number of service requests that I can enter?
There is not a limit on the number of service requests entered. However, the system may prompt you that someone else has already reported a similar issue at the same location.
- Do I need to include a photo when submitting a service request?
Adding a photo is optional.
- Why is my address not found when entering a service request or using the Find City Info map?
Only addresses within the City of Los Angeles limits will be found. If you live in a neighboring city your address will not be found. A map of the City of Los Angeles boundaries can be seen at https://planning.lacity.org/odocument/0541e9db-ddb3-4279-a1d8-a271048fcc9d
- Where can I get further information on the Service Request types available through MyLA311?
Visit the MyLA311 website at the link at https://myla311.lacity.org/ and select Create Service Request for a full listing of SR types.